Here is at least a partial roundup of posts regarding the must-read paper by Gordon and Poulin (2009). If you have not read it yet, you can obtain a copy by emailing the author: gordonr(at)cc.umanitoba.ca.
- Eliminate peer-review of baseline grants entirely? (A Blog Around the Clock)
- Why eliminate the peer-review of baseline grants? (A Blog Around the Clock)
- Cheaper to Skip Peer Review of Grants? (CanadaResearchFunding.org)
- Applying to NSERC? Everyone gets a grant! (Sandwalk)
- Bad argument against baseline funding (Genomicron)
- Economics of peer review at NSERC â€“ a pernicious discussion (H&C)